Name:
Location: Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil

Born in MN, USA. Came to Brazil in 1997. Married with 2 girls.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Sadistic Future

Something bad is happening in America. Something dark and malignant has planted itself into the young minds of American teens and is eating its way through there souls. That something is violence.

Violence is a part of all of us at all times. It surfaces when we honk our horns at slow drivers. Every time feel hate, it makes itself felt in the heat of our brow. But there is a very real difference between cursing your classmate and shooting him dead. And there is an even bigger separation between shooting one person in a moment of temporary anger and planning a mass slaying involving many people who had never done anything bad to you in their lives.

I do not know what is going on. I have no answers for why these things seem to be occurring more often than they did 25 years ago. I have no solutions for how to make the situation better. All I know is that these horrible acts were not nearly as prevalent then as they are today, and that scares me a bit.

I am not afraid for myself. I have very little to fear as I treat others kindly for the most part and do my best not to allow anger to control my actions. But I am afraid for the coming generations. For if the level of this nasty form of brutal expression continues its course, our children will die not because they did something wrong, they will die because they were only in the wrong place with the wrong person.

Perhaps this is connected to a combination of children who are brought up with little attention from their parents. Too much time spent in front of an aggressive and sadistic TV programming and too little time spent with nurturing loved ones.

So I will ask this of my readers – spend some quality time with your children each day. Teach them to talk about their problems and work them out peacefully. If this does not solve the problem, at least it will not worsen it.

Our children are our most valuable resource. Let’s not waste it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home